Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Review: GUESS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL YEAR ROUND by Sam McBratney

McBratney, Sam. Guess How Much I Love You All Year Round. Illus. Anita Jeram. Somerville, MA: Candlewick Press, 2007. ISBN: 0-7636-4654-7. $16.99. Ages 3 and up.

The beloved Nutbrown Hares strike again! In this beautiful addition to the Guess How Much I Love You collection, McBratney and Jeram create four stories, one for each season. In the spring, Big Nutbrown Hare teaches Little Nutbrown Hare about growing up; in summer, they find and identify colors; in autumn, they play pretend; and in winter, they learn about nature.

All four stories deliver the high quality of text and illustrations readers expect from a Guess How Much I Love You book. I remember the original classic from childhood; this one does it justice while adding an educational dimension.

Marisa Behan

No comments:

Post a Comment